'ArrowMaker' is a free plugin for Cinema 4D. What it does is generate an arrow shape in the form of a spline primitive. The shape itself can be extensively customised to produce a variety of different arrows, then used (for example) in an Extrude or Sweep NURBS to generate a mesh. Some examples are shown below.
September 12th 2010
Updated for compatiblity with Cinema 4D R12. No additional functionality added.
April 28th 2010
Version 1.2 released. Changes include:
- double-headed arrows are now possible
- a button to reset the arrow to its default shape has been added
- the 'Barb offset' parameter can now accept negative values, increasing the range of possible shapes
- minor workflow enhancements to loading and saving presets
- a number of additional presets kindly contributed by Mike Abbott
- updated manual
There are various parameters you can set:
These will all affect the shape of the arrow.
- Cinema 4D R10.111 up to and including R14
- Windows XP/Vista/7 32- or 64-bit
- or Mac OSX 10.4 or later (depending on the version of Cinema you have, e.g. C4D R14 requires 10.6.8 or later)
This plugin is, and will remain, free for personal and commercial use. If you use ArrowMaker, and would like to support its future development, please consider making a donation, which you can do using Paypal - see the donate button below. All donations will be gratefully received and will encourage me to go on developing this and other free plugins for Cinema 4D!
Please make sure that you download the correct file. If you are using Cinema 4D R10 or R10.5, download ArrowMakerR10.zip; if you are using Cinema R11 or R11.5, download ArrowMakerR11.zip. If you are using C4D R12 or later, you must download the file ArrownMakerR12.zip. Version for earlier releases of C4D will not work in R12. A manual in .PDF format is included in all the archives.
Download ArrowMaker 1.2 for R10 or R10.5 (435K. .zip file)
Download ArrowMaker 1.2 for R11 or R11.5 (665K, .zip file)
Download ArrowMaker 1.2 for R12/R13/R14 (583K, .zip file)